Thursday, November 12, 2009

What Kind of Bride Are You?



Now is the time of year when brides start getting engaged and planning their wedding. An important aspect of your wedding is determining what kind of wedding you want. Do you want a big, formal wedding? Do you want a destination wedding with a few people there? There is a quiz in a bridal book called "The Wedding Book" By Mindy Weiss and Lisbeth Levine and it helps determine your overall bridal style. Here is the quiz, in upcoming posts we will talk about what each kind of styles means.


1. How long have you been thinking of your wedding?
a. Since I was 5
b. For two years
c. For two weeks (since I got engaged)
d. I was never even really sure I'd have one


2. What kind of organizational system will you use to manage the wedding?
a. Excel spreadsheet
b. Paper files, organized by category filled with pictures I like from magazines
c. Little scraps of paper floating around in my purse
d. Why would I need an organizational system?


3. How many bridal magazines are in your home right now?
a. 0
b. 1-3
c. 4-9
d 10+


4. If you had the means, would you quit your job to plan your wedding?
a. It would be lovely!
b. I've requested several weeks off and delegated my most involved projects, so it should be ok.
c. Is it really going to be all that time consuming?
d. That is preposterous.


5. The day after you got engaged, you:
a. Went about your regular routine
b. Hid under a blanket (it's all so overwhelming)
c. Tried on gowns
d. Went to the health club and stocked up on celery


6. When shopping for a wedding gown, whim do you plan to bring with you?
a. My wedding planner
b. My mother and best friend from childhood
c. My husband to be
d. The priest?


7. What do you think your wedding dress will look like?
a. Fitted bodice, ballgown skirt, and a train - I've been picturing it since I was twelve
b. Something white or ivory with a poofy thing here or there?
c. No white. I want to wear a happy, celebratory color.
d. How I can possibly answer that question until I've visited every bridal store within a 50 mile radius?


8. Your ideal shower would be:
a. I'd like three: a lingerie shower, a kitchen shower and a couples shower
b. None - I think showers are a form of torture
c. Does that happen before or after the wedding?
d. An afternoon get together at a space - there's nothing better than champagne with a mani-pedi


9. What dishes will be on your registry?
a. I already have dishes. I don't need new ones. Do I?
b. I'm asking that people donate to charity rather than give me gifts.
c. Three sets: formal china, everyday dishes and patterned accent plates to vary the look.
d. The same pattern my mom registered for when she got married - I just love it!


10. Which of the following comes closest to describing your ideal wedding cake?
a. Stacked tiers - perfectly coordinated to the color scheme, of course - in different flavors so everyone goes home happy
b. Yummy, pretty and white. Did I mention yummy?
c. White buttercream icing, cluster of colorful flowers and bride and groom cake topper.
d. An ice cream sundae buffet


11. What kind of shoes will you be wearing under your wedding dress?
a. White satin, of course, carefully chosen to match the exact shade of the dress
b. Cream colored, open toe pumps for the ceremony and light gray skimmers for the reception
c. Don't they come with the dress?
d. My favorite pair of hot pink Converse - my wedding won't soon be forgotten.


12. Do you have an idea of who your bridesmaids will be?
a. My three best friends since high school
b. My golden retriever
c. I haven't decided yet, but I'll take into account length of friendship, level of enthusism and general responsibility.
d. Please stop asking me questions I don't have answers to!


Take this quiz and then check back soon for scoring. Find out what your bridal style is!
Danielle

0 comments: