Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Off-Season"

The “off” season.

The time between November and March. The time when the whole industry gets to take a breather. Suddenly the days upon days of meetings and walkthroughs, becomes a couple days a week instead of several. You have time to refocus and reflect on last season.

This time of year is definitely slower than the rest of the year. But there is still a lot to do. From meeting new clients, revamping packages and marketing materials to organizing the office, learning new techniques, and reconnecting with other vendors, new and old. There is no shortage of tasks that need attention.

My office has not been touched since last March, so there is a plethora of things to sort through and look at. Although, it is not one of my favorite tasks, it is fun in a way. I find all of the stuff from the weddings from the year - their timelines, my notes and the effects of their wedding. I am reminded of the day, the couple and all the people I worked with. I sit for hours and read all of the notes on each wedding and I remember how much I love doing this…and how thankful I am that I get to do what I love doing. I also try to think of what was difficult about the wedding, was there not enough time for one thing or how did the setup go or what could I have done better; I want to learn something from each wedding so I am able to better serve my future clients.

As I relive my year through timelines and notes, I can’t help but think “this year was amazing!” We had the pleasure of working with some remarkable couples and vendors. This was by far our busiest year and we are looking forward to continuing that trend as the year(s) go on.

Here are just a few pictures of the people we got to spend our year with. Thank you to all of our clients for letting us be a part of your wedding day. Thank you to the “off season” for reminding me how much I love doing this.

Sara and Scott - Karie McLain Photography

Stacey and Mike - Paige Elizabeth


Sue and Craig - Kokoro Photography


Katy and Bryan - Real Photography
{Their wedding will be featured in the Knot Magazine in 2010!}


Amanda and Mike - Dana Romanoff Photography


0 comments: