Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful Day Five

Today, I am thankful for...

In every sense of the word. 

I am thankful for those that have been down this road before...then they stop, turn around, and offer advice on how to make it though.  They are business leaders, prophets, and college professors.  They see life from a different perspective and encourage you to do the same.

In the last month, I have been able to see two teachers speak about their passion and themselves, Sean Low and Lara Casey.  While they spoke about two very different things, they inspired me in their own way.  They laid out a path and said let me help you.

I am also thankful for all the teachers I have had, in the traditional sense of the word.  From elementary school to college, I was so blessed to have wonderful teachers.  I have a handful that made a significant impact on life.  I kept in touch with them and even invited them to my wedding.  It takes a special person to be a teacher to our youth.  It is a job like no other.  Teachers can make a difference in each student's life they teach.  They can be a wonderful mentor and sometimes, being the adult roll model for a student.  My husband in a teacher and I am so proud of him.

Today, I am thankful for all the teachers in my life.
Goal: To reach out to and thank them.


0 comments: