Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful Day Ten

Today, I am thankful for...

I am truly thankful for forgiveness. 

Forgiveness is given freely with no expectation of something in return or any exceptions.  You may not forget what they have done, but you will not hold it against them anymore.  You won't hold a grudge or use it against them when they are down.

To forgive is an act.  You are acknowledging that you were hurt, and you may have to grieve as well.  Then, just let it go and be done with it.  Don't think about a way you can get back at them or what you can do to make it even, it will only continue to haunt you.  By forgiving someone you choose to let go of it - not to get even, either with thought or deed.  When you do that, you can be free and will be cease to be haunted by what it has done to you.

I would not be where I am right now without forgiveness - by me and by others.  There will be people throughout your life that may disappoint you or that may need your forgiveness - friends, family and co-workers.  Life is too short to not forgive.

"Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future." 
Beverly Flanigan

Today, I am thankful for forgiveness.
Goal: To be more forgiving in my life.

0 comments: