Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful Day Seven

Today, I am thankful for...

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love pictures.  I always have my camera in my bag, waiting to capture all the moments I can.  I love being able to look back over them - I can instantly remember what I was feeling at the moment.  This is especially true now that I am a mother.

Yesterday, I was looking through an online gallery of pictures from my little girl's first year.  I hadn't seen many of them in quite a while.  I remember what I was feeling in the moment they were taken.  Being a new mom there are so many emotions that you are feeling and it can be overwhelming.  Now, being where I am and able to look back, is priceless.  I cherish those days being home 24/7 with my newborn daughter.  I love the snuggles and crying that only I can soothe.  Now those moments have changed into something different but equally as good.  My little girl telling me she loves me or that I am her best friend, I cherish those moments just the same. 

From when she was just a tiny baby,


to a bigger baby,


to a little girl,


to a toddler,


to a princess,

and a model.

I am so grateful and lucky to have these images to look back on.
There is a poem called "Famous" by Naomi Shihab Nye.  In that poem, there is a line that stands out to me and fits this post:

"The bent photograph is famous to the ones who carries it and
not at all famous to the one who is pictured."

I carry all of these pictures in my "wallet" and they mean so much to me.  They probably don't mean anything most other people but to me, it means so much.

I have one last picture to share, every time I see it, it brings tears to my eyes. I love it.

I never want to forget how I felt that day, at that time. 

Today, I am thankful for all of the captured moments of my life.
Goal: To be sure to capture many, many more.

I want to thank several photographers who have captured moments in my life:
Elegant Images
Enoch Photography
Dawn Gioia Photography
Real Photography
Mansurov Photography
**I am grateful to you and your art.**

0 comments: