Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful Day Two

Last week, I was able to experience something amazing...and I want to share it with you all.

Today, I am thankful for...

For those of you that don't know, Making Things Happen is put on by the fabulous Lara Casey.  I went to the workshop in Houston, and was fortunate enough to meet Emily Ley and Gina Zeidler.  I was expecting a business workshop - where we talk about our business, our brand, and how to make it better.  What I got was something completely different.  It is a workshop like no other.

I was nervous to go and kept thinking of ways I could get out of it.  I had spoken with a few collegues that had been and they said it was wonderful and to go in with an open mind...and a box of tissues.  Tissues, really?  For a business conference?  It made me very, very nervous.

The workshop was beyond words.  By the time I left, I was drained and emotional.  I was overwhemed with possibility and what is ahead for myself and my company.  It is amzing what 11 hours with wonderful people can do to you.  Everyone was so real and authentic, and you couldn't help but be that way too.  The room was filled with hopes and fears, passions and dreams, as well as many, many tears.  Everyone laid it out there for others to see, and we all became inspired by each other, but by ourselves too.  Everyone was encouraging and didn't pass judgement, which made it even easier to open up. 

The community that has come out of the workshop has been exciting.  To have 17 new friends, I would say best friends because of all we shared, that have experienced what I have, with me and in their own way, is priceless.  Not only have the people I met there been amazing, but the community of people on Twitter and Facebook that have gone through the workshop have been so encouraging. 

I would love to do this workshop again, to feel continually energized and awakened to possibilities, would be marvelous.  To be able to be in a room with people being so authentic and real on a regular basis would be...I can't even put it into words. 

There are several things that I came away with and I would like to share a few:
  • Feel the fear and do it anyway
  • Begin anywhere
  • A year from now you will wish you had started today
  • Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

I stepped outside the fear and found clarity and peace.  I feel energized and ready for the world.    I was challenged to find what truly, truly makes me happy and go for it...why wait?  What am I waiting for?  Life is too short...

Today, I am thankful for Making Things Happen 2010.
My goal: To be authentic in everything I do.

0 comments: