Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful Day Fourteen

Today, I am thankful for...

Most people that know me know that I am all about instant gratification.  When I want something, I want it now.  Take for instance, I want to get an iPhone...badly.  But I am waiting until, hopefully, it is available on Verizon.  I cannot wait for this to happen and the anticipation is killing me!

But I am thankful that I have something to anticipate, even if it is as silly as an iPhone.  I'm sure there are people out there that are not looking forward to anything happening and I think that is truly sad.  To have nothing to look forward to would not be a life I would want to live.

Sometimes anticipation can help you just get through the day.  I'm sure everyone has days where they have had enough - just the thought of getting home or going to dinner or the weekend - can drive you to finish the day.

I also love that I can anticipate the future - especially with my business.  I can't wait to see where I will be next year or in 5 years.  It is going to be amazing!

Today, I am thankful for anticipation.
Goal: To be more in the moment and let the anticipation be there. Let go of instant gratification.

0 comments: