Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful Day Three

Today, I am thankful for...

I love my family more than words can express. 

I met my husband while I was in college.  At the time, I never would have imagined him becoming my husband.  After a few years of dating and going though our ups and downs, I knew he was the one for me.  He proposed to me at a park in Boulder after we had brunch.  He played me a beautiful song he had composed and asked me to be his wife.  I can remember the day clearly, and it still makes me cry.  10 months later, we became husband and wife.  Our wedding day was one of the happiest days of  my life.  In the years since we got married, I have only fallen more in love with him.  He has become an amazing man and he is more than I could have ever imagined.  He is caring, honest, trust-worthy and hard working.  He makes me laugh on a daily basis, even when I am having a down day.  He is my greatest joy.

My daughter.  Hmm...where to start?  She is amazing.  I always say, I cannot believe I made her.  The type of love a parent has for a child is indescribable.  I never thought I could love someone more than my husband and myself, but she showed me that you can.  I never thought I would willingly give my life up for someone else.  I love her unconditionally.  She is spirited and full of life.  In her short three years here, she has made me a better person.  She has made my life complete.  She has changed me in ways she will never be able to fully comprehend or understand.  It is astounding how much you can love one person.  Everything I do, I do for her.  She is unbelievable. 

Today, I am thankful for my family.
Goal: To express to them how much I love them

1 comments:

Rachel Hagen said...

What a great post Danielle! Look forward to reading more!